Gerunds in English Grammar!!! Below are the full definition of a gerund, gerunds examples, and list of verbs followed by gerunds for ESL Learners.
What is A Gerund?
Present participles also end in -ING, but they do not act as nouns.
Here are some gerunds examples:
- Playing football is fun.
- I dislike being away from my family.
- Dreaming is my hobby during the long winter holidays.
- It takes me a long time to sort over my thoughts before I can start writing.
- Watching sport gave him great pleasure.
- He was embarrassed to admit making a mistake.
- I love playing soccer.
- She decided to be a nun in order to avoid meeting him.
- I really enjoy talking to you.
List of Verbs Followed by Gerunds
This is a useful list of verbs followed by gerunds you should know.
Verbs Followed by Gerunds List | Picture
Verbs Followed by Gerunds in English