School Idioms!!! In this lesson, we will study some School Idioms with meaning and examples. Below are some of the most commonly used English idioms relating to the school.
School Idioms List
Here is a list of 15 popular School Idioms in English and their meaning.
Someone who reads a lot
- Brainstorm something
To think of new ideas
- Skip class
To not go to school when you should
- Teacher’s pet
The teacher’s favorite student
- As easy as ABC
- Cover a lot of ground
Complete a lot of material in a class
- Eager beaver
Someone who works hard and is very enthusiastic
Someone who copies the work of another person
To stop attending school
- Pass with flying colors
To experience particular trouble or difficulty
- A for effort!
Recognizing that someone tried hard to accomplish something although they might not have been successful
- Learn by heart
To memorize something completely
- Play hooky
To skip school
- Put your thinking cap on
Think in a serious manner
- Show of hands
Raising hands to vote about something
School Idiom Examples
Some Idiom Examples will help you understand the meaning of those school idioms.
- I was a real bookworm when I was a child.
- The team got together to brainstorm.
- Let’s skip class and go to the beach.
- I think he is a teacher’s pet.
- He managed to cover a lot of ground in a short talk.
- You’re just a copycat!
- He was a loner and a dropout.
- I knew you’ll pass with flying colors.
- We need to learn by heart more words.
- I would play hooky every day if I could.
- They chose their monitor by a show of hands.
- Calm down! You’re such an eager beaver!