Fewer vs Less!!! Quickly learn the difference between LESS vs FEWER and how to use them in a sentence.
LESS vs FEWER
Less or Fewer??? What’s the difference between Fewer vs Less?
Fewer and less are commonly confused words in English, or rather, less is used while fewer tends to fall by the wayside.
Less is used when talking about things that are uncountable or have no plural. It is compatible with collective nouns, non-countable nouns, and volumes.
- The moon yields less light than the sun.
- We must try to spend less money.
- Many women earn less than their male colleagues.
Fewer is used when talking about things or people in the plural. It is used countable nouns and individual items.
- She needs fewer clothes this month.
- Women commit fewer crimes than men.
- I’ve got fewer tasks than I used to have.
FEWER vs LESS | Infographic
Less or Fewer – When to Use Less vs Fewer