An irregular adverb is an adverb that is not formed from standard English spelling conventions. Here is a list of common Irregular Adverbs.
Irregular Forms of Adverbs
Most adverbs are formed by adding –ly to an adjective. However, some adverbs are irregular.
Here is a list of useful irregular adverbs which do not follow the normal rule.
1. Good -> Well
2. Fast -> Fast
3. Hard -> Hard
4. Late -> Late
5. Early -> Early
6. Daily -> Daily
7. Straight -> Straight
8. Wrong -> Wrong/ Wrongly
9. Lively -> Lively
Examples of Irregular Adverb
– All the team played very well today.
– Can you run as fast as Mike?
– She has worked hard all her life.
– Ellen has to work late tonight.
– They must have come home early.
– The zoo is open daily.
– She was looking straight at me.
– You’ve spelled my name wrong.
– Men clustered and chattered lively in groups.