There are many English idioms based on Nature and natural phenomena. Here is a list of Interesting Idioms About NATURE in English with some nature idioms examples.
Common Idioms About NATURE
Here are 10 Nature Idioms with their meanings.
1. A shrinking violet
Meaning: A shy person
2. On cloud nine
Meaning: Very happy
3. Cuts no ice
Meaning: Doesn’t have any effect or influence
4. Calm before the storm
Meaning: Unusual or false quiet period before a period of upheaval
5. Stealing my thunder
Meaning: Making people pay attention to you
6. In the air
Meaning: Happening or about to happen
7. Many moons ago
Meaning: A very long time ago
8. A ray of sunshine
Meaning: Something that brings happiness to someone
9. Once in a blue moon
Meaning: Very rarely
10. Out of the woods
Meaning: Out of danger
Nature Idioms Examples
Below are some nature idioms examples.
- She was quite a shrinking violet until she left home and went to university.
- He was on cloud nine after winning the competition.
- That sort of romantic attitude cuts no ice with money-men.
- Charity should have recognized it as the calm before the storm, but she didn’t.
- It all happened many moons ago.
- Her visit brought a ray of sunshine into the old man’s life.
- We go out to eat once in a blue moon.
- The nation’s economy is not out of the woods yet.
NATURE Idioms | Image
Interesting Idioms About NATURE