DESPITE vs ALTHOUGH!!! In this lesson, we learn the differences between Despite vs Although and how to use them correctly.
DESPITE vs ALTHOUGH
What’s the difference between Despite and Although?
- Despite the bad weather, we enjoyed ourselves.
- Despite the criticisms, she remained defiant.
- She looked lovely, despite her strange apparel.
- He’s an ordinary bloke, despite being famous.
- The plants are growing in again, despite the drought.
- Despite all the difficulties, he still remains optimistic.
- Although is a subordinating conjunction.
- After although we use a clause.
- Although can link clauses.
- They are generous although they are poor.
- Although she is young, she is very independent.
- Although he was ill, he went to work.
- Although she often disagreed with me, she was always courteous.
- They got on well together although they were total strangers.
- I recognized Peter although I hadn’t seen him for 10 years.