Correlative Conjunctions!!! Learn the correlative conjunction definition, correlative conjunctions list, and examples.
Correlative Conjunctions List
Correlative Conjunction Definition:
Learn the Correlative Conjunctions List in English.
There are many pairs of correlative conjunctions. This list contains many of the most commonly used pairs.
- Both … and
- Either … or
- Neither … nor
- Not only … but also
- So … as
- Whether … or
- As … as
- As much … as
- No sooner … than
- Rather … than
- If … then
- Hardly … when
- Scarcely … when
- What with … and
- Such … that
- So … that
Correlative Conjunctions Examples
Here are some correlative conjunctions examples:
- The fluid includes both gasses and liquids.
- Either dye or paints are used to color cloth.
- Love is neither bought nor sold.
- She is not only a novelist but also a poet.
- She was uncertain whether to stay or leave.
- Helen comes to visit me as often as she can.
- No sooner had he sat down than the phone rang.
- She had hardly sat down when the phone rang.
- He came to such a sudden stop that we almost hit him.
- He was so weak that he could hardly stand up.
- Scarcely had the game started when it began to rain.
- She would rather spend than save.
- He not only studies hard but also works well.
- If that is the case, then I’m not surprised about what’s happening.