This lesson shows and explains commonly used American slang words can be a very useful resource for anyone interested in learning more about how language continues to evolve throughout the United States.
American Slang Words
Slang words definition: Slang is very informal language or specific words used by a particular group of people. You’ll usually hear slang spoken more often than you’ll see it put in writing, though emails and texts often contain many conversational slang words.
This is the everyday language from real-life in the U.S. The language that you’re not taught in the ESL class.
Below are some essential American slang words for English Learners.
Slang Words -> Meaning
1. Dude -> Guy
2. Ride -> Car
3. Jacked -> Shoes
4. Keep it real -> Be yourself
5. Money -> High quality
6. My bad -> My mistake
7. Off the chain -> Very cool
8. Props -> Proper respect
9. Sick -> Cool
10. Creeper -> A weird person
11. Swag -> Style
12. Tool -> A stupid person
13. Bro -> Friend
14. Uber -> The ultimate
15. Hot -> Attractive
16. Boo -> Boyfriend or girlfriend
17. Badass -> Ultra-cool person
18. Awesome -> Exciting
19. Nada -> Nothing
20. On fleek -> Attractive or fashionable
21. Hitched -> Two people have married
22. Bombed -> Completely fail something
23. Cool -> Great, fantastic
24. Fly -> Really young and hip
25. Bestie -> Best friends
26. Asap -> As soon as possible (texting abbreviations)
27. Bail -> Leaving in a hurry