Adverbs of Place in English. Here is a useful list of adverbs of place ESL Learners should study.
Adverbs of Place List
List of Adverbs of Place
This is an alphabetical list of Place Adverbs. They mainly modify verbs and tell us where something happens.
- Backwards/ Backward
Adverbs of Place Examples
- A miasma of pollution hung in the air above Mexico City.
- He went abroad to preach Christianity to the heathen.
- For my part, I travel not to go anywhere but to go.
- I must pay away from the bill tomorrow.
- The plane disappeared behind a cloud.
- He dived below the surface of the water.
- Denise went downstairs and made some tea.
- If the restaurant is full we can go elsewhere.
- Let’s go indoors and have something to eat.
- He turned on the light after he went inside.
- He was dead on arrival at the nearby hospital.
- It’s too flipping cold to go outside!
- Her boss recommended a permanent transfer overseas.
- She could hear music playing somewhere.
- He went upstairs and changed into fresh clothes.
Common Place Adverbs | Infographic
Common Place Adverbs in English